My Top 5 Red Lip Products!

As February is creeping upon is and the shops are filled with all things Valentines, I thought I'd take a dip into my lipstick drawer to share my top 5 red lip products! I've called them products as they are not all your traditional lipstick, I find red lipstick tricky to apply for me it has to be perfectly set, smudge-free and not too overpowering.



All of these products are very different in application, texture and colour so they are in no particular order! From top to bottom they are;

- Mac Matte Lipstick in Vermillion Vee
This was from the MAC Chris Chang Collection and being totally honest wasn't a colour I thought I was going to love, when I first bought it online I expected it to have more of an orange tone, don't get me wrong the lipstick is bright but it honestly makes a lovely red lip! When paired with a bronzed makeup it really does make your lips pop I think it would be gorgeous for Valentines!

- MUA Shade 1
This lipstick is the darkest of the 5 and also the cheapest! At £1 I don't think you can go wrong with this lipstick, it is more of a deep berry red and has a lovely glossy finish, it's not the best for long lasting ability however at £1 it can easily be topped up during the day/night! The application of this I love, it glides on well and feels lovely on the lip it is also very pigmented so doesn't need many layers.

- Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate in 111 Kiss of Life
This is your classic red lipstick, not too dark and not too bright it's the perfect red shade. I've used many of the Rimmel Kate lipsticks before and they are a really great collection, they are trusty, extremely long lasting and easy to apply. I would however recommend a lip scrub and balm before hand as the formula can be a little drying and tends to stick in dry patches

- Rimmel Colour Rush in 220 Rumour has it
This lip crayon is actually quite sneaky of me as its classed as a pink colour rather than red however on my skin tone it does look very red! If you don't want to be too bold with a red lip then this is the colour for you, its a warm fuchsia colour but not too bright, its glossy and not overly pigmented. The crayon application is quick and easy and not at all drying. The staying power is not great and will wear off whilst eating/drinking the crayon does however leave a stain on the lip so your lips will still look coloured and sexy!

- Stila stay all day liquid lipstick in 08 Tesoro 
Ok, this lipstick is the one that you can apply in the morning and it will still be there come bedtime, the staying power is crazy! The texture is creamy, extremely pigmented and provides great coverage in just one coat, however I would say to be careful with application as the wand is quite big like that of a gloss so can bleed quite easily, you do need a steady hand and a lip liner to get the perfect pout! The colour has orange undertones and to me reminds me of a tomato red so is quite bright and bold. After a few seconds the lipstick dries extremely matte so much so that if you apply a second coat it does begin to flake off, I would recommend a lip balm when wearing this as you lips can also look dry and flaky. This product is the one for those who want to stand out from the crowd this Valentines!

What is your favourite red lip product?

No comments:

Post a Comment